Submissions & Rules
We will be accepting submisisons for our 2020 edition beginning January 6.
The 2020 eidtion of the 24fps International Short Film Festival will be held November 6-7, 2020 at the landmark Paramount Theatre in Abilene, Texas. Official Selection Films will be publicly screened in competition during the festival. There is no entry fee for submissions. The competition is open to film and video works produced after January 1, 2018 with a maximum running time of 20 minutes.
SUBMISSION QUICK LINKS:
Please note: each submission must include a signed entry form.
- 24fps is a juried competition, open to any independent or student filmmaker worldwide. Works will be considered for competition only if they are of a total running time of 20 minutes or less, and were completed after January 1, 2018.
- All qualified entries must be independently produced and financed. Films produced, financed or developed by a major film studio or television network are ineligible for competition.The Festival committee reserves the right to determine the eligibility of any project.
Films can be submitted to 24fps digitally via the festival WeTransfer link, or by providing the festival screening committee with access to a secure online VIMEO lilnk. You may also provide us with a private downloadable link from a sercured server. Filmmakers can also submit via membership in two online festival submissions platforms: FestHome, and FilmFreeway. PLEASE NOTE: We do not accept YouTube links as screeners for consideration. Any film that is currently viewable on YouTube is disqualified.
To submit your film and/or any required materials via online file transfer, go to this link: http://24fps.wetransfer.com. Follow the onscreen instructions for the file transfer. You may upload multiple files at once (please zip larger files before upload). You receive an automatic email confirmation when your film is successfully transferred. Please upload the appropriate completed and scanned entry form as well.
To submit via a participating festival submission platform: The 24fps International Short Film Festival is a participating member of two online short film submission platforms: FestHome, and FilmFreeway. These submission engines allow participants to upload to their work to a database, and then select multiple submission placements from the field of participating festivals.
To learn more about the other online platform options, please visit their official websites: FestHome. FilmFreeway. Please note: 24fps does NOT charge an entry fee. There is no entry fee attached to submitting a film to us via these submission engines. However, each service requires a fee from filmmakers to enter the database, but subsequently it allows them to easilt forward multiple entries to festivals around the world.
To submit your film as a secure online VIMEO link: Please provide a SECURE online link to the film on the VIMEO website platform. All appropriate passwords must be oncluded on the entry form. Please note: Only VIMEO online screeners will be accepted. Online link submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To submit your film via a private (secure and downloadable) onlinke link: Please provide a secure online like to the film screener download page. All appropriate passwords must be included on the entry foem. Online link submissions and entry foems soudl be mailed to email@example.com.
A completed entry form must be submitted with each project. Multiple submissions by the same director and/or production company are accepted, but each film must be accompanied by a separate completed form. Unsigned entry forms will be rejected.
The entry must also include the following: film description (50 words or less), complete production credits, film logline, director’s headshot (digital, 200 dpi min.), director’s bio, list of previous and planned screenings, and (5) stills from the film (digital, 200 dpi min.).
ALL SUBMITTED PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS become the property of the 24fps International Film Festival and its presenting organization, the Historic Paramount Theatre, Inc. These materials cannot be returned. By submitting this material and signing the release form, you acknowledge 24fps’ right to copy any material for the festival’s non-commercial use only.
- The entry deadline is 5:00 PM US CST on Friday, July 17, 2020. Applicants will be notified of their status after Screening Committee viewing.
- OFFICIAL SELECTION PROCESS: 24fps Announces its Official Selection Films in three "waves," spaced over a period of several weeks. This announcement schedule is a s follows: FIRST WAVE (8 films): Announced Friday, August 7, 2020. SECOND WAVE (8 films): Announced Friday, August 28, 2020. FINAL WAVE (11 films) Announced Friday, September 11, 2020. Entries are pre-screened by the Festival Selection Committee. This panel, headed by the Festival Director, selects twenty-seven films from the submission field. These Official Selection Films are then given public exhibitions on three curated programs. Filmmakers are notified of Official Selection ststus via email. Please make certain the email address on the entry form is legible, current, and correct. You may attach multiple notification emails to the entry form.
- The jury is divided into two distinct panels. The Remote Jury screens the competition films in special private screenings in selected cities across the United States. The Venue Jury screens the competition films during a special week of private screenings in the festival exhibition theatre, the landmark Paramount. The voting results are then combinred to determone the festival awards. Both jury panels are made up of artists, critics, filmmakers, and educators.
All awards are presented at the close of the second night program of public exhibitions (Saturday, November 4, 2017). The cash awards are:
- GRAND JURY PRIZE--$1,000
- SILVER MEDAL--$600
- BRONZE MEDAL--$400
- HORIZON AWARD (outstanding student and/or first film)--$400
- AUDIENCE AWARD--$500
- All films screened as Official Selections are eligible for the Audience Award. The award is based solely on audience voting at the film screenings. The Horizon Award is given to the outstanding student and/or first film. Additional trophy and certificate awards are also presented.
- All Official Selection films are screened in competition in the landmark Paramount Theatre in Abilene, Texas. The Paramount is a restored 1930 movie palace and live performance venue in West Texas. The 1,100 seat theatre is a multi-use arts facility and home to the Paramount Film Series, a year-long repertory program which includes classic, Arthouse, foreign and independent films.
- All public performance/screenings for the 2019 24fps International Short Film Festival are presented with a state-of-the-art digital projection system. Official Selection Filmmakers will be asked to supply the festival program committee with copies of their competition films suitable for public exhibition upon notification of acceptance to the festival.
By signing the entry form, the filmmaker gives the 24fps International Short Film Festival permission to use all submitted promotional materials, including but not limited to film stills, descriptions, director’s biography and film screening history in any and all forms of media for the express purpose of festival promotion and publicity. Please note: 24fps may petition filmmakers to use clips of one minute or less from Official Selection Films for both television and internet publicity. 24fps will not autorize any television broadcast of footage from any submitted film without the consent of the filmmaker and producers.
- The mission of the 24fps International Short Film Festival is to celebrate and encourage aspiring student and independent filmmakers. Festival public screening programs are designed to highlight the creator as much as the work itself. All exhibited films are introduced by a commentator, and filmmakers in attendance are given the opportunity to speak to the festival audiences at the close of their film’s exhibition.
- The 24fps International Short Film Festival on the web:
- Phone: (325) 676-9620 Fax: (325) 676-0642
- Barry Smoot, Festival Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
24fps International Short Film Festival
c/o Paramount Theatre
352 Cypress St.
Abilene, Texas (USA) 79601
ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN 5 PM US CST ON FRIDAY, JULY 17, 2020.